Nothing seems to go right and you find yourself at loggerheads with a 3 year old who appears to have taken on the personality of Napoleon. Barking orders, screaming when things don't go her way and pushing buttons that I never knew I had. Tears are inevitable and sometimes Ava cries too...
Today was one of those days. It actually started quite early this morning as I left the house to do the first yoga class I've done in 3 years. I thought I'd start my Sunday all zen like. Umm, nice try.
I guess the combination of being 3, fiercely independent, extremely smart and really knowing exactly what she wants at all times can get a bit much sometimes. Today was one of those days, where I just couldn't get it right for my little girl.
So here's just some of the reasons Ava cried today.
- I'm thirsty
- I don't want water
- Daddy cut my apple into triangles, I want it round
- The blender is too noisy
- The hand dryer is too noisy
- I fell over, it was Daddy's fault
- I don't want chicken soup
- I want to butter my own toast
- I want Mummy to butter my toast
- I don't want toast
- I don't want dinner
- I'm dirty
- I don't want a shower
- I want my special shower cap
- I'm hungry, I want my dinner