Friday, January 18, 2013

Missing my early morning wake up call

Ava is having her first ever sleep over! She is staying with our dear friend Franki who is Mum to Ava's adorable BFF Maxwell.

As you can see from the photo Maxwell's mum sent me, Ava is having a terrible time. Good luck getting those two monkeys to sleep Franki, was my reply! I reckon there was alot of giggling and very little sleeping for some time!!

And thankfully no sign of the usual dinner time tanty here! In fact, I doubt she will want to return to us at all, she looks like she is having far too much fun.

It's funny how kids are so well behaved outside their home and routine. Ava is a good girl, but dinner time is often fraught with vegetable stand offs, I spy something green and debates on whether dessert will be forthcoming or not!!

Being Ava's first night away from hone without us I knew i was going to miss my baby tremendously. But like most firsts, it was a far bigger deal for Brett and I than it was for Ava!

I had all the usual worries! Will she sleep ok, what if she cries in the night, how will Franki cope if she wants to play at 5am???

Despite the worries I was really looking forward to a nice sleep in this morning. Ha, but here I am wide awake since 6am. I'm so used to hearing my darling foghorn screeching out "Mummy, Mummy it's morning time. Get up Mummy."

I miss the sound of her little feet jumping out of bed and running down the hall to us.

I miss her little face appearing at my bedside, sweetly telling me its morning time and I really need to play. That sweet voice getting louder and more urgent, Mummy GET UP!!

My pathetic attempt at begging for just 10 more minutes, please!!!! Come on Ava, Mummy needs more sleep...

Whilst sleep is the panacea for most parents, it's amazing how it eludes you at times like this. Seriously, when there's opportunity to sleep in like a student and even have a relaxing, hot coffee in bed!!! What is wrong with this picture?

I guess as much as I love sleep, I love and miss my little girl more. Does this happen to other parents or just me???


No comments:

Post a Comment