Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter time rocks



Ava is really loving Easter as you can see. Me not so much.... Here I am trying to get my body back and teach Ava about a healthy balanced diet. She needs to understand that lollies are a sometimes food or a rare treat. And then Nana Burns makes her the most amazing Gingerbread House - lets call it GBH like the drug. The detail was amazing and the lollies, OMG I was back in primary school heaven with all my faves on that house!!

So of course I limit Ava's consumption, for her own good and for my sanity. You can only imaging how hyped up her and Maxwell were after they got stuck into it. Problem is, with this tantalizingly evil GBH hanging around the house, I am the one who picks away at it. Did I mention I was trying to get my pre-baby body back!!!

I would be steaming healthy veggies for dinner, only to find GBH staring at me, beckoning me to have just a taste. One or two lollies are fine. It's about balance right??  Well if there is one thing I have learned over the years, I do not do balance well. It's all or nothing with me. That is why I do not keep sweets in the house, I have zero self control.

Needless to say, I saved my innocent Ava Mae from the evils of GBH by demolishing half of it myself. Then I took the rest to Mum's and shared the love around.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, this looks sooooo yummy!!

    Love this blog, so much that I added it to my blog list. Hopefully you get some traffic from my site. xx

    ReplyDelete