Sunday, January 9, 2011

Time for me to reclaim my body

This past year has been so amazing, I can't even begin to articulate how blessed I feel to have Ava in my life. It certainly hasn't been easy learning to be a Mum but it's been a joy and a privilege even through all the sleep deprivation!!

Ava is 10 months old. Where the hell did that time go?? She is happy, highly mobile, cheeky, funny, loving and very independent! (Super independent and stubborn like her father actually...) So overall I think we have done a pretty good job all things considered!!!

And now that she is a little less dependent on me, I can finally start to regain some of myself again. For so long I have been solely Ava's Mum and as a wee bit of a control freak have done most things myself along with the support of Burnsy and our amazing parents.

So now there's no excuse...time to reclaim my body!! Christmas is over, breast feeding is not as intense and time consuming and it's still summertime!

I have started running (or maybe we should call it shuffling for now) again as part of my exercise regime although it's not been easy!

Sooo, what's the hardest part of starting a new fitness regime??

a. Returning to running after 1 1/2 years break
b. Running with a milk production factory strapped to your chest
c. Running while a hyperactive staffy zig zags in front of your feet
d. Finding time
e. All of the above

No comments:

Post a Comment