Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cankles anyone?


With pregnancy comes all sorts of weird and wonderful side effects. From the most acute sense of smell and random cravings to a hairy belly and uncomfortable indigestion. But my least favourite is the propensity for my ankles to swell into cankles on hot days and when I spend too much time on my feet!

Last night we frocked up to go to Brett's work Christmas party. It was a black tie affair in a swish function centre overlooking Darling Harbour. So after the angst of finding something to wear (thanks Em) I spent an hour or so dolling myself up, threw on Em's 'save the day' frock and managed to squeeze my feet into a pair of hot peep toe pumps. Quite a mean feat (get it???) after a long day at work!

However my feet are just not used to big heels at this stage of my pregnancy, I pretty much live in ballet slipper, open toe sandals and flip flops. So after an hour or so my feet started to swell and spill over the sides of my shoes. How very attractive! Luckily it was a formal sit down affair and the only time I had to show my feet was on the 20 or so occasions throughout the dinner that I had to get up to go to the bathroom.

You would think this warrants a foot massage or rub from Brett, but he somehow always manages to get out of it!! Wish me luck, I am about to go ask for one now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment